- Dit evenement is voorbij.
Science March Brussels
22 april 2017 om 14:00 - 18:00
Science March Brussels is an opportunity for scientists, and anyone interested in science, to celebrate the international and collaborative nature of research. On 22 April 2017 we will be gathering in Place de la Monnaie, Brussels, to show our support for science, because:
• Science is for everyone
• Science is about working together
• Science is international
• Science is vital for our future, our health and our well-being
Our gathering on April 22 is part of a global action; there will be parallel marches all around the world to remind us that evidence is important, and that science is vital to our everyday lives. If you work in science, take medicine, use a computer, like to look up at the stars at night, like to brew, bake or make music, if you like to watch films, or drive a car, or are just really interested in the world, then science is something you support too. Join us on April 22, and tell us why science matters to you.
Science March Brussels acts on behalf of Belgium, and the European/International community in Brussels.
The Science March movement is rising because of actions in America, where the Trump administration are advocating for policies which are not grounded in evidence, and threaten to systematically delete or remove access to scientific data.
The first, and most evident, targets for this are climate change and public health, where reduction of services, funding and political support will damage the programmes in these areas to the detriment of the public good.
The Trump administration have proved reluctant to be advised by evidence of any kind, and so scientists are concerned that through lack of access to pertinent information not just the American government but the public at large are at risk of making decisions that could have harmful repercussions for their own wellbeing, the wellbeing of others and the planet. This momentum provides an opportunity for scientists and science-interested publics around the world to raise our voices in support of science.
• We believe that good science is vital for our existence and our future; without it our society cannot feed or cloth itself. As basic scientific research helps us to understand the world around us it shapes how we thrive as a species.
• We believe that science funding is vital. Changes throughout Europe right now, including the confusion over Brexit, put funding for research at risk; our belief is that a tolerant, compassionate society actively supports research as a route to equitable and good quality of life for all.
• We believe that science is for everyone. We stand for open and accessible science. All people, no matter where they are from, what gender they are or what circumstances they have grown up, have a right to accessible information about research and what this might mean for their future.
• We stand for international, collaborative science, that goes beyond borders.
Follow @ScienceMarchBE and @ScienceMarchBXL on Twitter.
Er zijn nog geen inschrijvingsdetails bekend voor dit event. Kom binnenkort terug voor meer informatie of contacteer de organisator.